The objectives of the Parishad are:
• To foster Bengali culture, achieve economic, social, educational, spiritual moral, and general
uplift of the community of the locality by selfless service and maintaining harmony with other
• To observe and celebrate important public, social, Bengali cultural and functions and festivals.
• To organize Annual Durga Puja, Lakshmi Puja, Saraswati Puja, daily and special worship of Goddess
Kali according to Bengali Socio-cultural rituals.
• To organize and run a library and reading room for the members, who may be interested to furnish
the same with books, periodicals, reviews, magazines, newspapers, and other Bengali publications.
• To establish, conduct, maintain sport activities and other physical education of all types for the
benefit of the members and their family members.
• To arrange for intellectual discussions and to maintain and to create interests in Science,
Bengali culture, Literature, art and also to arrange and hold lectures, seminars and Bengali film
shows on educational subjects and / or subjects connected with science, art, religion and
• To promote the study, practice and knowledge of dance and Bengali music, especially choral,
orchestral, operative and instrumental and other forms of music through organization or recitals,
concerts and such other cultural entertainments and functions as are incidental or conducive to the
objects of the Parishad.
• To render service at the time of natural and national calamities including national emergencies.
• To foster friendship and co-operation with other non-political, ethnic socio-cultural-religious
organizations and people of all walks of life, having similar objectives.
• To help members while on medical care in hospital or at home in the form of attendance, blood
donation etc. and to help the members and their families for performing the last rites in case of
• To encourage and conduct educational activities in arts, science, technology and other subject
that may be decided.
• To accept and receive in any manner any cash, movable or immovable property either unconditionally
or conditionally or in connection with festivals in furtherance of the avowed activities of the